Starting in the earliest grades, Holy Child students are given many opportunities to express themselves through dance and movement. Theater is a cooperative and interdisciplinary effort which serves as the common thread for the performing arts. The discipline and self-confidence required to research, plan, rehearse, and perform a skit or short play are invaluable life-skills
- Our Nursery and Pre-K students study basic movement and dance and put on seasonal performances.
- Kindergarten through 2nd grade students study many styles of dance at an introductory level: jazz, tap, ballet, musical theater, and folk. They participate in the Lower School musical theater performance and a multicultural dance and song performance at the end of multicultural week.
- Our 3rd and 4th grade program includes:
- Pantomime, character study, improvisation, breathing techniques and the characteristics of a good stage voice.
- In Dance, students study choreography techniques, musical theater, folk dance and are introduced to modern dance.
- Students participate in the Lower School musical theater performance and a multicultural dance and song performance at the end of multicultural week.
Our 5th - 8th grade program focuses on the study of musical theater choreography in Dance class and the study of pantomime, stage voice, improvisation, scene production and performance in Theater class.
- 5th grade students produce and lead the Christmas Nativity Pageant and participate in the Middle School production.
6th - 8th grade participate in the Middle School Theater production with our 8th grade students taking the lead.
Performances over the years have included, Annie, Seussical, Lion King, etc.