The Kevin P. O’Sullivan Middle School offers an intellectually challenging and creative program of study that encourages a love of learning, while instilling compassion, in preteens of all faiths. It is designed to meet the developmental and social needs of students while preparing them for the academic rigors of competitive high schools.
- Middle school teachers collaborate to ensure they are meeting the academic, social, and emotional needs of each and every child.
- Humanities are integrated daily with art, music, theater, physical activity and technology.
- The average class size of 14 honors the learning style of each child and allows for individualized instruction.
- The ideals of peace, and compassion are woven throughout the curriculum and experienced year long through community service and outreach projects. In 7th & 8th grade, students are prepared for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- State-of-the-art Mac Lab is used for instructional technology classes which focus on research, digital citizenship, keyboarding and Google Apps for Education.
- Trutouch Interactive Boards enhance opportunities for interactive learning.
- Research/study skills, time management and test taking techniques for students in grade 5 - 8.
- We experience historically high entrance exams scores and competitive high school acceptance rates. A High School Placement Coordinator is on staff.
- Overnight trips for 5th/6th and 7th/8th grade students build character, independence and team spirit.
- Chorus, three season sports’ teams, robotics, music lessons, service club, altar serving, theatre productions, National Junior Honor Society, and Student Council are all available to our students.