Early Childhood Center
There are endless opportunities for toddlers to learn and play in our inviting, age-appropriate, safe and loving environment.
- Great emphasis is placed on separation and socialization skills that encourage children to participate fully in all the activities.
- Small children learn best by doing. At Holy Child Academy, there is free play with our blocks and kitchen centers, arts and crafts, story time, music class, movement class and outdoor play.
- Toddlers learn to count, formulate sentences, discover their artistic and musical abilities, differentiate between their emotions, and learn about the world around them.
- The program is offered up to five mornings a week. (For children who are 2 years old by September 1st.)
Our Nursery program is a spirited, play-based experience, with the primary goal of fostering a love of school and learning.
- Additional structure is introduced including gathering for circle time and taking part in Yoga Class, Movement Class, Music, and Library.
- Language and social skills are further developed by encouraging independence, appropriate self-expression skills, and interactive learning that is joyful.
- Simple principles such as being kind, compassionate and empathetic towards one another are practiced everyday.
- Half and full day sessions are available. (For children who are 3 years old by September 1st.)
Our Pre-K program is full of excitement and discovery.
- Beginning letter and number recognition occurs through stories and art. Children start printing upper case letters.
- Children are exposed to a variety of children’s literature and create their first journals.
- Mathematics is learned through songs, poems, stories and interactive games.
- Science is taught hands-on through in-class experiments, simple baking, and field experiences.
- Imaginative play continues in the classroom, playroom, “big gym,” matted “little gym,” and large outdoor play space.
- Half and full day sessions are available. (For children who are 4 years old by September 1st.)
Our kindergarten introduces readiness skills and make a child’s school experience a time of wonder, exploration, and discovery.
- The children learn writing by journaling and inventing stories, science by exploring nature, and computers by keyboarding.
- Children attend French and Spanish language class once per week.
- Physical activity is offered every day. Art and Music classes are part of our weekly routines.
- The joys of singing, creating fine art and dancing are incorporated in the weekly curriculum.
- In our classrooms and playgrounds, children learn to understand and accept limits, establish rules, resolve conflicts, and become joyful, independent learners.
- Through Bible stories, children start to understand basic Catholic beliefs. Their first lesson is that all things and people are gifts from God.
- Kindergarten is in session five full days a week.