Mission & Goals
At Holy Child Academy we seek to know and honor God and each other while we strive to foster excellence in academics, the arts, and athletics in a climate of wholeness and joy. This is not a small task, but its worthiness serves constantly to inspire the community of administrators, trustees, staff, parents, and teachers.
We are grounded by two essential documents: the Holy Child Academy Mission Statement, and the Goals and Criteria of the Holy Child Network of Schools. The Mission Statement is as follows:
Holy Child Academy is an independent, private, coeducational Catholic day school sponsored by the Society of the Holy Child Jesus, educating students from preschool age through grade 8. The school is part of the international Holy Child Network of Schools founded more than 150 years ago by visionary educator Cornelia Connelly.
Holy Child Academy offers the opportunity to experience an exceptional curriculum that lays the foundation for future success at the high school and college level. At every grade level, Holy Child Academy is a place where a young person’s best qualities can flourish and where he or she can attain personal excellence while growing within the school community.
The Holy Child curriculum focuses on the education of the “whole child”; it seeks to foster a careful balance of intellectual, spiritual, physical, and emotional development. Guided by a team of skilled, creative educators, students pursue their scholastic careers at Holy Child Academy with enthusiasm and a strong sense of purpose. With academic excellence as a leading priority, other key program elements include the fine and performing arts, spiritual, moral, and ethical guidance, athletics, community service, and extracurricular activities.
Respectful of its Christian heritage, Holy Child Academy imbues its students with enduring spiritual values that help them maintain a strong moral sense in a challenging world.
Bound by the principles of communication, trust, and respect, a strong and caring partnership exists among the faculty, students, parents, and alumni of Holy Child Academy.
We are fortunate to be grounded and guided by the goals of the Holy Child Schools. They were set down in very different times, but in this new millennium, with all of its challenges and complexities, they seem more relevant and more urgently needed than ever. They are:
- Holy Child Schools foster a faith commitment that engenders a joyous personal relationship with God in addressing the challenges of the world.
- Holy Child Schools live, learn and worship as a dynamic Christian community.
- Holy Child Schools offer an intellectually challenging and creative program of study that develops a love of learning and academic excellence.
- Holy Child Schools work for Christian principles of justice, peace and compassion in every facet of life.
- Holy Child Schools create a learning climate based on trust and reverence for the dignity and uniqueness of each person.
- Holy Child Schools promote the personal growth and development of all who participate in the life of the School.
- Holy Child Schools ensure the continuation and growth of Holy Child mission and philosophy in the School.
Visit the Society of Holy Child Jesus